Developing Online Courses
This workshop covers the nuts and bolts of getting your first online course developed and deployed, including:
- components and costs
- evaluating staffing requirements
- structure and design
- course conversion (from live format)
- options for audio and video production
- testing and assessment online
- platforms and server options
- getting feedback
- mastering revision cycles
- licensing and profit projections
You'll leave this live workshop with a complete development plan and timeline for at least one of the courses you'd like to put online. Our experts will walk you through the entire process, helping you make decisions while supplying you with data and how it applies to your situation. Learn about a breadth of approaches and case studies from others in the workshop as they build their course development plans alongside you.
This is an awareness level workshop. We encourage instructors at the practitioner and mastery level with little or no online experience to participate.
This is an instructor led course designed to be delivered either on-site or via web video conference in 4 or 8 hour time frames.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
1. Describe the various operational and material components of an online course.
2. Determine which online system features would be incompatible together and which would be appropriate for a given course.
3. Research and evaluate various platforms for online presentation and course management and determine a good fit for your project.
4. Create a course outline action plan specific to your organization, including estimated budgets.
This Workshop is Recommended:
• Customized and available online for small teams.
• For Regional or State association events.
• To support a design firm's internal administrative and instructor training.
• To support a product or service manufacturer's administrative and instructor training.
Minimum of 8 participants required to book this session.
Watch for our annual offering of this workshop on the west coast. Contact us about your workshop questions today; we're happy to help!