Running a cloud solution for web servers, data processing, and storage for medical applications is becoming critical for reliability, speed, and accessibility. As a bonus, the cost-to-performance ratio is usually better with a well-configured cloud cluster.
mostly related to cyber, design or building security
Below are the titles of seven online courses and/or workshops that are available from Lowther7, LLC Catalog descriptions, learning objectives, and details for each are provided separately following this listing.
Creating Successful Talent Within Your Firm
Available online or by appointment.
Embracing Sustainability in the Workplace
Online only - Instructor-led.
Cyber Security for Small Businesses
Available online or by appointment.
Developing Online Courses
By appointment only - Instructor-led.
Contact us about your workshop questions today; we're happy to help!
Cyber attack! It’s in the headlines nearly every day. Cybersecurity, or lack of is affecting thousands of business and individuals daily. We don’t all have the benefit of an IT department to protect our daily operations. What can you do to protect against a cyber theft affecting your monetary, operations, client information, or intellectual property? Learn to analyze potential cybersecurity threats and solutions that can be applied to your and business. Understand how to manage cybersecurity measures that are critical to maintaining your business operations and continuity. Determine how and when to call in law enforcement for cybersecurity issues. Identify action steps that can be taken to protect your data, designs and drawings from security threats and data breaches.
This course provides and introduction and basic information to assist you in the cyber protection of your business.
This instructor led session is designed to be delivered on-line in a 1 hour time frame, or in-person in a 1.5 hour interactive format. While there will be time for questions the focus will be on understanding the fundamentals, functions, comparing and contrasting various scenarios.
At the end of this program you will be able to:
1. Correctly classify the type of attack as one of: physical, remote, phishing, malware, or social engineering - given an attack scenario.
2. Correctly classify the scenario as a primary data breach or not - given an information exchange context and scenario.
3. Design an example social engineering attack, including fictitious company, information target, sample script, and fallback exit.
4. Search online for resources (keywords, context) and identify which ones are appropriate / helpful for a given need, purpose or situation.
5. Differentiate various Shareware and social media - impact, importance and pitfalls.
This Course is Recommended:
• Online for individuals or small work teams.
• For Regional, State or local association events.
• To support a firm's or small business Talent Management efforts.
No participant minimum required to book this session.
Katin Imes is an experienced software developer, project manager, and a UX/systems designer. His passion and mission is creating access to the skills, tools, and knowledge that let people thrive in the Information Age. Specialties include: social networking software systems, online courses and LMS (Learning Management Systems), CMS (content management systems), online communities, e-commerce, Drupal, and Open Source. He has developed and managed web systems since 1996, the earliest days of the web, including server operations, hosting, security and encryption, e-commerce, and advanced back-end functionality.
This workshop covers the nuts and bolts of getting your first online course developed and deployed, including:
- components and costs
- evaluating staffing requirements
- structure and design
- course conversion (from live format)
- options for audio and video production
- testing and assessment online
- platforms and server options
- getting feedback
- mastering revision cycles
- licensing and profit projections
You'll leave this live workshop with a complete development plan and timeline for at least one of the courses you'd like to put online. Our experts will walk you through the entire process, helping you make decisions while supplying you with data and how it applies to your situation. Learn about a breadth of approaches and case studies from others in the workshop as they build their course development plans alongside you.
This is an awareness level workshop. We encourage instructors at the practitioner and mastery level with little or no online experience to participate.
This is an instructor led course designed to be delivered either on-site or via web video conference in 4 or 8 hour time frames.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
1. Describe the various operational and material components of an online course.
2. Determine which online system features would be incompatible together and which would be appropriate for a given course.
3. Research and evaluate various platforms for online presentation and course management and determine a good fit for your project.
4. Create a course outline action plan specific to your organization, including estimated budgets.
This Workshop is Recommended:
• Customized and available online for small teams.
• For Regional or State association events.
• To support a design firm's internal administrative and instructor training.
• To support a product or service manufacturer's administrative and instructor training.
Minimum of 8 participants required to book this session.
Watch for our annual offering of this workshop on the west coast. Contact us about your workshop questions today; we're happy to help!